Wednesday, September 12, 2012

No One Said It's Easy

Having to deal with yourself is the ultimate full-time job. Your thoughts and emotions swirl around you non stop and you never get that break that you so desperately need.
What I had a problem doing though is dealing with them. I, instead, ignored their existence. Pushed them far back in my think tank for future reference.
What typically happens though, is that they come back to haunt me, building up more power sitting in the back waiting to charge at me at the right moment. Usually, they bring other recruits along with them, making it harder to dodge.
I, now try to deal with the emotions that I am feeling at that exact moment. Is it easy? No way. But it's worth every tear because I am still trying to deal with thoughts and emotions from my past.
That is why the book came about and the blog got started. Writing each excerpt is difficult and yet, I feel fulfilled each time.
It's like what Tom Hanks said in 'A League Of Their Own', "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The "hard" is what makes it great."

No comments:

Post a Comment